Skip to main content

We ♥ our soldier!!!

We made the decision at the end of last year for Aaron to join the Army Reserves so that he could get some assistance for school and get on a better career path to support our family.
This decision was not made without a lot of thought and careful consideration. In doing this we knew that he would have to leave us for four months to complete his Basic Training and AIT. We're happy to say that he made it through, graduating at the top of his platoon. The girls and I were able to keep busy and stay positive so the time went by fast.


Now we're onto the next step, which we knew was a possibility, but hoped it wouldn't happen this soon. Aaron will be leaving for Afghanistan for a year to fight for our country. I have to be honest, when I found this out I laid around and cried for several days before I realized it wasn't doing any good so I better get up and get to work. We're focused on the positive things that will come from it and hope that it will go by fast. We don't regret this decision and feel it a privilege for Aaron to be able to serve our country. I now have a greater understanding of what freedom means. Many men and women have fought for our country to get us where we are and I take comfort in the fact that many wives have been in my shoes and have made it through. I look forward to having the year fly by and hopefully looking back we can see all the blessings that came from it. I just have to get to that point first :).

I sure love this man!!

Comments

Alex and Jane said…
(this is Alex not Jane) Just want you guys to know how much we love you. We will be praying for the whole family every day. I wish I could have seen you when Jane and the boys did a couple of weeks ago. We will keep in touch. Love the Barrus Family
Lauren and Josh said…
Congrats to Aaron for finishing at the top of his platoon. We hold the troops dear to our hearts and appreciate the sacrifice they and their families make every day. We love you guys and will be praying for you.
Sarah said…
Anica! I'm in tears for you! I'm sorry he has to leave. Please come hang out with me anytime you're bored! Especially the weekends. We can have movie nights with the girls!
Mark and Juli said…
I hope you all know how much I love your family. I am proud of Aaron and I know you will see the blessings come to your family for his service. You are an awesome family. We think of you often and comment how much we love you all. Mark

Popular posts from this blog

6 Week Flu

SYMPTONS: FREQUENT VOMITING, EXCESSIVE FATIGUE, NAUSEA, LACK OF MOTIVATION SIDE EFFECTS: HOUSE TURNS INTO A PIG PEN, FAMILY MEMBERS WEAR DIRTY UNDERWEAR FOR SEVERAL DAYS, MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY ARE ACCUSED OF HAVING EATING DISORDERS FROM MALNUTRITION, YOUR BED & COUCH HAVE A PERMANENT INDENT, AND THE CARPET FROM HERE TO THE BATHROOM HAVE A WELL WORN PATH, PEOPLE THINK YOU HAVE FALLEN OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH My friend recently told me there's a chance she "might" be pregnant. When I asked what might meant, she told me it could just be the flu. I laughed at her until I started experiencing the same symptoms. Even after a positive pregnancy test I worried that it might be all in my head. Thank heavens for a trip to the doctor, he confirmed that: WE ARE HAVING BABY NUMBER 2 !!!!!! I apologize to any of you who have asked recently when we are having more kids or why I am sick, and I didn't give you a straight answer . . . well now you know!

Meet Izzy

Isabel Marie DeHart made her debut into the world on Saturday April 18, 2009 at 6:08 pm She weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20 in. long We are in love with her curly blond hair Aaron is in love with his new little girl. I hardly changed any diapers in the hospital and unless I was feeding her I had to fight him to hold her. He claims I got to hold her for the last 9 months, it's hardly the sa me. Our family of four I DID IT! I had set a goal for myself to deliver naturally with this baby (I had an epidural with em and don't get me wrong I loved it.) Aaron and I took classes to learn relaxation techniques and how the body works through the delivery process. We learned a lot. I had been having some serious labor pains for the past several weeks and thought because of this I probably wouldn't realize when it was time for the real thing. I had hair appointments scheduled all day Saturday and was doing my last one (thank heavens it was my mom) when my water broke. She stil...