Skip to main content

Day 1

Day 1 of the next 400 days. I have to say I've been feeling something I completely didn't expect to feel today and that is blessed.

I woke up at 3 a.m. to take Aaron to meet up with his unit. Came home, couldn't sleep, and woke up again at 7:45 to my beautiful girls' faces. The shorter one of which happened to be covered from head to toe (literally) in poo, but her little smile shone beneath as we scrubbed her down in the bathtub and Emily attempted to go to the bathroom while holding her nose and dry-heaving.

Got a phone call later in the day from Aaron to say he'd made it safely to Fort Lewis, WA where he'll be for the next 3 weeks or so before heading to Afghanistan. He also gave me his address to overnight the list of things he'd forgotten. :) I can't blame him, how would you even begin to pack for a trip like that?

This evening I've been reflecting on how grateful I am for all the love and support of friends and family that I know I can draw from to get through this next year. It means a lot knowing of all the prayers that are out there on Aaron's behalf. I'm grateful to have my sweet husband, whether he's here or away. I'm grateful that I have my girls and that I get to be their mom. I'm glad to know that we are an eternal family. This knowledge is priceless.

Comments

Kirk Graves said…
Oh my goodness I haven't read your blog in forever because I have only been keeping up with blogs on google reader. Anyway just wanted to tell you and Aaron that you all are in our prayers.
tonyandalli said…
You are so loved. We will remember you in our prayers.
Alex and Jane said…
Good luck to you and Aaron with what stands before you for the next 400 days. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. You can come visit us in AZ if you need to warm up in the winter or give me a call if you ever just need to talk. We love you all!
Lauren and Josh said…
Hey Anica! How are you? How are you and the girls since Aaron left? Have you gotten any word? I think of you often and pray for y'all too. Hope all is well!

Popular posts from this blog

6 Week Flu

SYMPTONS: FREQUENT VOMITING, EXCESSIVE FATIGUE, NAUSEA, LACK OF MOTIVATION SIDE EFFECTS: HOUSE TURNS INTO A PIG PEN, FAMILY MEMBERS WEAR DIRTY UNDERWEAR FOR SEVERAL DAYS, MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY ARE ACCUSED OF HAVING EATING DISORDERS FROM MALNUTRITION, YOUR BED & COUCH HAVE A PERMANENT INDENT, AND THE CARPET FROM HERE TO THE BATHROOM HAVE A WELL WORN PATH, PEOPLE THINK YOU HAVE FALLEN OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH My friend recently told me there's a chance she "might" be pregnant. When I asked what might meant, she told me it could just be the flu. I laughed at her until I started experiencing the same symptoms. Even after a positive pregnancy test I worried that it might be all in my head. Thank heavens for a trip to the doctor, he confirmed that: WE ARE HAVING BABY NUMBER 2 !!!!!! I apologize to any of you who have asked recently when we are having more kids or why I am sick, and I didn't give you a straight answer . . . well now you know!

Meet Izzy

Isabel Marie DeHart made her debut into the world on Saturday April 18, 2009 at 6:08 pm She weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20 in. long We are in love with her curly blond hair Aaron is in love with his new little girl. I hardly changed any diapers in the hospital and unless I was feeding her I had to fight him to hold her. He claims I got to hold her for the last 9 months, it's hardly the sa me. Our family of four I DID IT! I had set a goal for myself to deliver naturally with this baby (I had an epidural with em and don't get me wrong I loved it.) Aaron and I took classes to learn relaxation techniques and how the body works through the delivery process. We learned a lot. I had been having some serious labor pains for the past several weeks and thought because of this I probably wouldn't realize when it was time for the real thing. I had hair appointments scheduled all day Saturday and was doing my last one (thank heavens it was my mom) when my water broke. She stil...