Skip to main content

Goodbyes

Claire's playdate to the Treehouse Museum with her friend 'Baby Olive'
Goodbyes are hard, especially when you're leaving a pretty great place with pretty great friends and family that you've lived near and relied on for many years. It generally is easier to be the one to leave, but many times we have had to wonder if we were choosing the right path because the one we were on felt pretty darn comfortable. We left behind a fantastic neighborhood which we felt was a wonderful place for kids to grow up. We often felt we were making a choice between better and best and some days we didn't know which path seemed 'better' and which one was 'best.' Even still, some days we don't know which one would have been better and which one best. I realize that sometimes I spend too much time worrying about the shoulda-woulda-coulda's and have recently found these bits of advice that stop me in my tracks and help me to just keep moving forward:

  • You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward
  • New beginnings can feel like endings
  • Stop over-thinking, whatever happens, happens


  The month prior to leaving was filled with a lot of last get-together's with those we love.

My best friends and I for one last picnic

Izzy and her cute cousin Sophie

My awesome gym friends Celeste and Emily

Izzy and her bestie Lily
Emily and Lexie at the Ogden Temple

Dinner at Maddox with my cute roomie from Utah State

The mountains called a lot that last month. I had to get all my favorite hikes in and hit those trails one last time to fully enjoy my favorite season in Utah. I sure will miss those beautiful peaks and the hiking, trail running and biking that was right in my backyard.

Hiking Wheeler Canyon

My mom was very generous and threw us a Pizza Party the night before we left so that we could say goodbye to all our loved ones one last time.



 
My family
Claire with our sweet friend Tami

My amazing younger sister

Aaron with his cousin Libby and her cute family

Aaron's aunt and her awesome family

Izzy and cute cousin Lucy


Our beloved Charlie who gets to stay behind with Aaron's brother Abe


I'm really sad that I didn't get any pictures of Aaron with his siblings or parents. We both got too busy talking and it slipped by me. :( But we really appreciated all those who came and are grateful for the love and support we feel as we take this next step in our big adventure. 

Comments

LC said…
I can't wait to read about all the adventures!

Popular posts from this blog

6 Week Flu

SYMPTONS: FREQUENT VOMITING, EXCESSIVE FATIGUE, NAUSEA, LACK OF MOTIVATION SIDE EFFECTS: HOUSE TURNS INTO A PIG PEN, FAMILY MEMBERS WEAR DIRTY UNDERWEAR FOR SEVERAL DAYS, MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY ARE ACCUSED OF HAVING EATING DISORDERS FROM MALNUTRITION, YOUR BED & COUCH HAVE A PERMANENT INDENT, AND THE CARPET FROM HERE TO THE BATHROOM HAVE A WELL WORN PATH, PEOPLE THINK YOU HAVE FALLEN OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH My friend recently told me there's a chance she "might" be pregnant. When I asked what might meant, she told me it could just be the flu. I laughed at her until I started experiencing the same symptoms. Even after a positive pregnancy test I worried that it might be all in my head. Thank heavens for a trip to the doctor, he confirmed that: WE ARE HAVING BABY NUMBER 2 !!!!!! I apologize to any of you who have asked recently when we are having more kids or why I am sick, and I didn't give you a straight answer . . . well now you know!

Meet Izzy

Isabel Marie DeHart made her debut into the world on Saturday April 18, 2009 at 6:08 pm She weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20 in. long We are in love with her curly blond hair Aaron is in love with his new little girl. I hardly changed any diapers in the hospital and unless I was feeding her I had to fight him to hold her. He claims I got to hold her for the last 9 months, it's hardly the sa me. Our family of four I DID IT! I had set a goal for myself to deliver naturally with this baby (I had an epidural with em and don't get me wrong I loved it.) Aaron and I took classes to learn relaxation techniques and how the body works through the delivery process. We learned a lot. I had been having some serious labor pains for the past several weeks and thought because of this I probably wouldn't realize when it was time for the real thing. I had hair appointments scheduled all day Saturday and was doing my last one (thank heavens it was my mom) when my water broke. She stil...