So we went to the doctor yesterday and he did an ultrasound. He began by asking Emily whether she is having a brother or sister.
She confidently said a brother and a couple minutes later the doctor said, "I'm proud to announce there's a 98 % chance you are having a . . .
GIRL!!!
The look on Emily's face was priceless. She slumped down in her chair with the most disappointed look I have ever seen. In the car on the way home she said, "Just send it back!"
I think she's over it now and we are all really excited. Aaron would have liked a little more testosterone in the house, but he's perfectly excited to have another little girl. I'm just excited because now I don't have to get anything ready. I have all the clothes and crib and bedding so I don't have to stress.
Now I can look forward to another little helper with my domestic projects. I got my sewing machine out this week to mend some of Aaron's clothes and Emily got all excited and said she wanted to sew something. We had her first sewing project and she sewed this little apron. Some who have inspected it have mentioned that it doesn't look like a four-year-old sewed it so I must admit my OCD kicked in and I couldn't let the stitches be crooked so I sat by the side and helped guide the fabric while she pushed the pedal and helped me. All I can say is I'm glad she's not driving anytime soon cuz she has a LEAD foot! : ) Then we had to make cookies to put it to use!


We're excited to have another girl in our home!
She confidently said a brother and a couple minutes later the doctor said, "I'm proud to announce there's a 98 % chance you are having a . . .
GIRL!!!
The look on Emily's face was priceless. She slumped down in her chair with the most disappointed look I have ever seen. In the car on the way home she said, "Just send it back!"
I think she's over it now and we are all really excited. Aaron would have liked a little more testosterone in the house, but he's perfectly excited to have another little girl. I'm just excited because now I don't have to get anything ready. I have all the clothes and crib and bedding so I don't have to stress.
Now I can look forward to another little helper with my domestic projects. I got my sewing machine out this week to mend some of Aaron's clothes and Emily got all excited and said she wanted to sew something. We had her first sewing project and she sewed this little apron. Some who have inspected it have mentioned that it doesn't look like a four-year-old sewed it so I must admit my OCD kicked in and I couldn't let the stitches be crooked so I sat by the side and helped guide the fabric while she pushed the pedal and helped me. All I can say is I'm glad she's not driving anytime soon cuz she has a LEAD foot! : ) Then we had to make cookies to put it to use!
We're excited to have another girl in our home!
Comments
way to go on the apron... i'm way impressed with "her" sewing skills! you'll have to teach me how to gather! congrats. em
Liv had her own sewing machine when she was Em's age. She sewed all the way through her finger. Now she laughs about it. But I am sure Em won't make the same mistake.